Yours Truly
Jan. 1st, 2007 03:46 pmThe new Nashville Star season is only weeks away from debuting on USA Network. We have yet another change at host and judges. Only Cowboy Troy and Anastasia have stuck around from the previous year. They've also moved it to Thursday nights after "Supernatural" thankfully. I'll have to wait and see how this crop of people turn out. I've actually been pretty disappointed since the second season. I'm a little afraid the producers have moved away from what worked in those early seasons because they want to attract that golden younger audience.
I'm listening to Natalie MacMaster's latest "Yours Truly". I'm loving the instrumental tracks. Her tribute to her friend & fellow Canadian Peter Jennings "Farewell to Peter" is just heartbreakingly beautiful. I'm not wild about Michael McDonald's rendition of "Danny Boy". It slowed down the album to a crawl. Some of the tunes I feel like I should have a pair of step dancing shoes, very toe tapping. But the slower tempo pieces are nice, too, like the lovely lyrical "Julia's Waltz" that builds and moves around the room. (Nice name, too! *grins*) I never realized until listening to that opening that "Rainbow Connection" was a waltz. How random a realization to have.
I'm listening to Natalie MacMaster's latest "Yours Truly". I'm loving the instrumental tracks. Her tribute to her friend & fellow Canadian Peter Jennings "Farewell to Peter" is just heartbreakingly beautiful. I'm not wild about Michael McDonald's rendition of "Danny Boy". It slowed down the album to a crawl. Some of the tunes I feel like I should have a pair of step dancing shoes, very toe tapping. But the slower tempo pieces are nice, too, like the lovely lyrical "Julia's Waltz" that builds and moves around the room. (Nice name, too! *grins*) I never realized until listening to that opening that "Rainbow Connection" was a waltz. How random a realization to have.